Here to fulfill all your Nonny needs!

Happy Birthday, Willy Wonka!

Instructions for Commenting

YOU CAN COMMENT EVEN WITHOUT REGISTERING!

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Click the "Post a Comment" link at the bottom of the blog post and then type your comment in the "Leave your comment" textbox.
3) If you have a Google or Blogger account, then click the "Google/Blogger" button in the "Choose and identity" section.
4) Otherwise, click the "Name/URL" button, and then put in your fake name in the "Name" textbox. You can leave the URL blank.
5) Or, you can chose Anonymous. In that case, put your fake name in your comment.
3) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere. Repeat commentors will be entered on Nonny's Hall of Fame!
4) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Diving Boston Harbor, pt. 2
by Cl. Panic, G.B.H.W.*

As promised, here's part 2 of my 2 part series on diving in Boston harbor. I really hoped I'd attract some new hoity-toity visitors to TWONN by including Latin in my last post, but it appears that I failed in my endeavor. Either that, or we have silent hoity-toity types that need to be extracted from their shells like abalone in the hands of an otter. (If they had been visiting, they probably would claimed that the species listed in part one are non-native to Boston harbor. And they'd be wrong.)

Take, for example, this poor gentleman. As it turns out, he gave his lady friend the cold shoulder the other night (football was on) and ended up with a serious case of the blue shells. Actually blue lobsters are rare -- only one in a million turn out as freaks of nature. Don't believe me? Ask the New York Times.

During my dive, I came across a very slender fish that I believe to be a cornetfish. I felt a tad sorry for the fellow on the left who took up nearly the entire depth of the tank. Er, ocean. Nearby was his really shy friend that tried to hide in a little crevice under an anemone. Unfortunately I didn't get his name, but I learned that he reads the Economist.


A dizzying assortment of jellyfish were on hand to make everyone fear stepping foot in the water. Jelly fish are, after all, pure evil. These specimens were the most intriguing given their unique style of swimming and they looked like they fell straight out of a Super Mario Brothers game.



By far the coolest things to see were the penguins. I'm told that penguins are birds even though they can't fly. Which is sad. Since the whole part about being a bird is that you can fly. It's like being being a professor and then being told you can't date your students. Really, what's the upside? Anyway, the penguins were out in full force, dressed like fat little James Bonds. I didn't get too many pictures or do much research because there was a plethora of poorly behaved children gathering en masse. I left the penguins on their own.



So there you have it: Boston Harbor.

Oh, and NN, you'll see that I've laid the bait for a new hoity-toity visitor. I mentioned the New York Times and the Economist in one post, and even used "en masse." Bring on a new blog war!

* Guest Blogger in Hot Water

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what was the market price on that lobster?

~ ~ ~