Here to fulfill all your Nonny needs!

Happy Birthday, Willy Wonka!

Instructions for Commenting

YOU CAN COMMENT EVEN WITHOUT REGISTERING!

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Click the "Post a Comment" link at the bottom of the blog post and then type your comment in the "Leave your comment" textbox.
3) If you have a Google or Blogger account, then click the "Google/Blogger" button in the "Choose and identity" section.
4) Otherwise, click the "Name/URL" button, and then put in your fake name in the "Name" textbox. You can leave the URL blank.
5) Or, you can chose Anonymous. In that case, put your fake name in your comment.
3) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere. Repeat commentors will be entered on Nonny's Hall of Fame!
4) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

I met Cotton!
by Sushi Cat (guest blogger)

Hi, everyone,

Well, it finally happened. My kitty body gave out on me. I just got too sick to really go on anymore. I've been sick a lot lately. Sometimes, I had a good day (like this weekend when mom took me for a walk outside). But, at the beginning of the week, everything went downhill. I couldn't eat, drink, or sleep, and I lost my voice. I couldn't even purr like I used to always do when I sat on mom's belly at nighttime.

It was an agonizing decision, but mom and dad finally asked the doctor to help me not hurt anymore. Yesterday and overnight, mom and dad spent a lot of time with me. I was sick, and could have used some more rest, but I can never turn down attention! Then, this morning, the doctor came to the house. I was taken into the bedroom and placed on the bed. I knew that something was happening, but I wasn't sure. You know how sometimes you keep wanting something to happen and, when it really happens, you're all of a sudden confused? That was me. The doctor gave me a shot that made me really drowsy. Oh, I haven't been that relaxed and comfortable in a long time.

At that time, dad took my face into his hands and rubbed my cheeks. I thought, "Is this it? Is this really it?" I knew that it was time to say goodbye, but I felt so guilty for getting sick and having to leave mom and dad alone. Who's going to take care of them? Who's going to tell them that it's time for bed, and who's going to wake them up in the morning? And, if they argue again, who's going to meow at dad and then go ask mom if she is alright? (We girls have to stick together.) Who's going to keep dad company during the day, and who's going to sit on mom's stomach all night and stand guard while she sleeps? These were things that were going through my little kitty mind as I gazed into dad's eyes and felt mom's hand petting my arm. She was singing to me (like an idiot, but that's part of the reason why we love her). Then, the doctor gave me the second injection. Now, that one felt really good. And, then, it was all over.

Before I knew it, I was spirited away and put in a line where I was processed for entry to Pet Paradise. By "processed," I mean I was matched up with a buddy to show me the ropes. Lo and behold, they assigned me to Cotton! Cotton is a pure-bred doberman who used to live with dad and grandpa (dad's dad). Cotton chased rabbits (don't tell mom!) and sat on the couch even after being told repeatedly not to. He and I are getting along famously. He has been showing me the sights around PP, and I can't say that I'm disappointed.

Now, I am able to jump and pounce like I used to do when I was a kitten. I also got my voice back--I'm a nice, smooth soprano. No more pain. I hope that mom and dad are doing okay. I know they will miss me, but I'm here having a ball and waiting for them to show up.

Sushi Cat

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no!!!! poor sushi....this is so sad. Lucy is in mourning.

I'm going to be in the area this week, I'll stop by.

(Lucy's Mom)

sweetsieweatsie said...

Sushi,

:*(

You will be missed around here. You were a very loved kitty, and I will say some prayers that mom and dad get through this well. I am sure you are straight up in the beautiful clouds right now, and someday mom and dad will be with you too. :)

MonkeyPig said...

Its better that way. Now, Sush can do all that she used to and without being in pain.
That was really good of you guys to lay her to rest in her own environment. When MP goes, I'd want to be in my own bed.
BaySee is also sad that his platonic pal is gone.

Nonny Nu said...

Hi, guys, thanks for your thoughts and prayers. This is such a trying time for me. I apologize in advance, but I'm going to be posting pretty exclusively about Sushi and me for a while. I feel like I have to get it out and get it on paper before any of her memories fade.

Man from U.N.C.L.E. said...

Sushi,

Say hello to my cat, Mr. Jones, if you see him. He's the grey guy with the white chest hair. He'll probably try to sneak off with some of your cat chow, so keep an eye out for him.

Anonymous said...

Nonny Nu, I don't know if you remember, but you offered your condolences to me when Happy finally passed on. That's meant a lot to me! I'm glad to hear that you will be talking about you and Sushi for a while. You should do anything it takes to heal and keep Sushi in your loving memories! (CyberHug)

Sushi, I heard a lot about you and you sounded like a wonderful kitty. I'll miss you even though I never got to meet you! When you get up to Pet Heaven, please say hi to Jennie, Happy, Jazmine for me! They're all dogs, but I think you'll like them.

sweetsieweatsie said...

Nonny Nu said...
Hi, guys, thanks for your thoughts and prayers. This is such a trying time for me. I apologize in advance, but I'm going to be posting pretty exclusively about Sushi and me for a while. I feel like I have to get it out and get it on paper before any of her memories fade.


I think posting about Sushi is a great idea to get out your grief! Keep posting about her, and please post more pics if you can find any - I can't get over how gorgeous she was! Hope you are well--we are all here for you!

Anonymous said...

you are all such good people. even a pessimistic, skeptical, low down son-of-etc. like me is touched by your outpouring and support.

this is a wonderful thing.

~ ~ ~

Man from U.N.C.L.E. said...

Mr Nonny Nu,

It's so hard to lose a loved one who you've spent a whole life loving and who has spent a lifteime loving you. It's healing for you to mourn the loss and to also celebrate Sushi's life. We're here for you and Nonny Nu, to grieve with you and to honor Sushi.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the loss of Sushi. It is therapeutic to get it off your chest and to transfer your emotions into words. As much as she had enriched your life, you have blessed hers. Next time when you argue, remember how much Sushi hated it and let her influence leave a positive imprint and legacy in your life. Focus on the happy moments and know that you gave her a loving home that was the envy of many (cats & humans alike). Take comfort in that and take care.

3-Fish

Anonymous said...

Mr. Nonny Nu & Nonny, I can see the sentiments you guys have for Sushi. She must be very much loved and cared for. In life, it is not what people do for us after we have pass on that make the difference but rather the quality time we all shared during this life's journey. You guys have given Sushi a good home, love & care. All the fond memories you have with her will be treasured forever. I especially appreciate the fact the you guys made her last day as least agonizing as posible for her. What love! May the happy moments you had with Sushi give you peace and cheer you on.

Wah Toh

Anonymous said...

Mr. Nonny Nu and Nonny: She's alright, I have her. She was humming this when she was getting processed.

Myke said...

Sushi Cat,

Look for a handsome Siamese named Scooter in Cat Heaven and hang out with him. He's cool and wise. Nonny Nu would approve, I'm sure.

Myke