Here to fulfill all your Nonny needs!

Happy Birthday, Willy Wonka!

Instructions for Commenting

YOU CAN COMMENT EVEN WITHOUT REGISTERING!

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Click the "Post a Comment" link at the bottom of the blog post and then type your comment in the "Leave your comment" textbox.
3) If you have a Google or Blogger account, then click the "Google/Blogger" button in the "Choose and identity" section.
4) Otherwise, click the "Name/URL" button, and then put in your fake name in the "Name" textbox. You can leave the URL blank.
5) Or, you can chose Anonymous. In that case, put your fake name in your comment.
3) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere. Repeat commentors will be entered on Nonny's Hall of Fame!
4) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wanted: One Kitten Name

I went to the Humane Society of Silicon Valley today and adopted a very cute kitty for myself. Her papers say that she is rambunctious but also likes to sits on laps--exactly what I wanted! She's a cutie, isn't she? She doesn't have a name yet, so I'll need your help on this (more on that later).

NoNameKitty (hereinafter, "NNK") is 2 1/2 months old and has five brothers (she's the only girl of the litter). When I visited her yesterday, she was mostly sleeping with her brothers in a heap, leading me to *almost* choose another cat. When she and her siblings finally woke up, I played with them for a little while. When I tossed a piece of fabric onto her paws, she jumped back, startled, and promptly went all the way to the back of her jail cell behind all of her brothers! This morning, as I was waiting for my adoption info to be input into the Humane Society system, I heard that the other cat that I thought was a candidate was being adopted right at that time. So, it was fate--NNK was for me.

She did very well on the ride home and took only about an hour to adjust to her surroundings. But, Kash gets a huge gold star today for being a perfect gentleman. He seemed to understand that NNK was going through what he had to go through last Tuesday when he first came home with me. He just followed her around at a distance, even though she periodically hissed at him. He was very friendly without being aggressive, and he just patiently kept at her and made her feel comfortable. In no time, she was and they were rastlin' like brother and sister:
Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5 Pic 6 Pic 7 Pic 8 Pic 9 Pic 10 Pic 11 Pic 12 Pic 13 Pic 14 Pic 15 Pic 16 Pic 17

After romping around for a while, Kash takes NNK to the food bowls and they eat side by side. Fast friends, yes? Kash is such a gentleman. He showed her where the bathroom was and everything. Then, they played some more. Finally, after hours of playing, they took naps. Kash chose a comfy position on the sofa, but NNK chose a rather peculiar spot--on top of a Converse shoebox on a window sill. Go figure.

Anyhow, here's where you can help me out. Judging from these and future photos, what do you think her name should be? Below are the ones I am considering. Vote now, and you can change your vote later as you discover her personality with me! (Disclaimer: This is not a guarantee that NNK will be named whatever name is most voted for in the poll. This is just to help me figure out a name for her.)

What is a good name for No Name Kitty?

12 comments:

Sushi Cat said...

I approve of this new kitty, momma. She's a good one. There's something that I really like about her, but I can't put my paw on it. I am glad that the Nu Residence is full of kitty sounds again. I can feel you and daddy thinking about me when you watch them play. It's good that Kash has a friend.

Anonymous said...

Name:

Fang

Nonny Nu said...

Sush, I'm glad you like this new kitty. I see so much of you in her. Last night, she sat on daddy's chair and wouldn't let him have it back. Then, she slept on my lap all night. She is also very naughty--just like you!!

Mr. Nonny Nu thought of another name for the kitty: Ash. I like this name, but I am afraid that it's too much like "Kash" and the two kitties may be confused. The little kitty seems to respond to it, though.

Nonny Nu said...

From the minds of Mr. and Mrs. Nonny Nu: Credit

From Coach Nelson: Addy or Addie

sweetsieweatsie said...

What goes the best with Sushi? Well, Sake, of course! Hehe. The new kitty is freakin' adorable, guys. Congratulations, I am so happy for you both!

Freelance Midget said...

sake, tai, bear, snoops.

fong fong...sounds like a small chinese peasant girl who gets taken to the big city for various adventures and pratfalls.

Nonny Nu said...

fong fong...sounds like a small chinese peasant girl who gets taken to the big city for various adventures and pratfalls.
That's kinda like this little girl!

Anonymous said...

"sounds like a small chinese peasant girl who gets taken to the big city for various adventures and pratfalls."

our cat has nothing to do with your personal experiences at stanford.

[muhaha]

~ ~ ~

Anonymous said...

I found two things about NNK are coincided with you. She is the youngest of 6, and I remember you have a soft jacket just like her gray color and furry (the one you left in my house and asked me to send back to you, it is with a tide on the waist.)

Anonymous said...

When I see Kash, it make me think of cinnamon swirl bread, I have to be honest Kash is better looking.

Nonny Nu said...

Yes, Caloc, NNK is very much like me. She is SOOOOOO CUTE!!! I covered her ears so she couldn't hear what you said about her (Kash being better looking). I remember the gray furry jacket. Also, do you remember the gray jacket with the faux fur collar that our uncle (Tina's dad) gave to me when I was very small? The jacket was his son's but he gave it to me when we were coming to America. Remember? That one was gray, too. I also have a lot of white socks.

NNK = Nonny Nu Kitty.

Hey, Caloc, when are you going to visit me again?

Anonymous said...

NAME FOR NNK: From her photos I can't think of a name for her, because she have not thing to catch my eye. Any way, I have think of a name for her, how about SHIMIER ....it complete the name of KASHMIR and also carry SUSHI SHI....... & it have two syllable, so when you tell people I have two cats their name is Kash-shimier. you will always think of SUSHI when you call her and also MIER sound like little sister in Chinese (mu mui) afterall she is littler sister to Sushi and Kash....... If you go with my suggestion there are will be a pattern right .... think about that.