Here to fulfill all your Nonny needs!

Happy Birthday, Willy Wonka!

Instructions for Commenting

YOU CAN COMMENT EVEN WITHOUT REGISTERING!

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Click the "Post a Comment" link at the bottom of the blog post and then type your comment in the "Leave your comment" textbox.
3) If you have a Google or Blogger account, then click the "Google/Blogger" button in the "Choose and identity" section.
4) Otherwise, click the "Name/URL" button, and then put in your fake name in the "Name" textbox. You can leave the URL blank.
5) Or, you can chose Anonymous. In that case, put your fake name in your comment.
3) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere. Repeat commentors will be entered on Nonny's Hall of Fame!
4) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.

Monday, May 7, 2007

How to Use Apostrophes

I've customized my Google page and included a "How To of the Day" widget. Here's today's "How To". After reading that, you'll note that it was completely useless to me in that it said nothing of how to use an apostrophe to pluralize the _'s in the new linked text instructions. I suspect that I should've written "'_'s" instead of "_'s" if I were a "modern" person. But, I'm not, am I?

[edit] Check this out!! See? Someone DOES care! I asked.

[edit] I've updated the linked text instructions so that they no longer require the pluralization of _.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

never mind all this crap, tell these good people about your $35 get rich quick scheme!

Nonny Nu said...

The readership has spoken.

señor curioso, you are the first to request a topic. For that, I thank you. My initial reaction to your comment was realization that I have not been putting enough hemlock in your meatloaf. But, being the natural optimist that I am, I quickly found "the silver lining" in your comment. I have to say that the majority of your comments come with silver linings. At least that is what I have to so that I don't off myself.

Your devoted wife (*sticks finger down throat*),
Nonny Nu

Nonny Nu said...

P.S. I liked you better when you were Cpl. Conniption.

Anonymous said...

There is no need to make an underscore possessive; there's not much worse than a possessive underscore. (They get upset when hyphens go out with their fellow punctuation friends!)

Instead, you can replace the < with &lt; and the > with &gt; in the code and the code will not be executed.

Anonymous said...

mmmm, hemlock...

Nonny Nu said...

Instead, you can replace the < with < and the > with > in the code and the code will not be executed.
OMG! I'm going to execute YOU! I tried it and now it's all screwed up! GAH! Okay, I'm going to try to fix it.

Nonny Nu said...

It's still screwed up!!

Nonny Nu said...

Crisis averted.

You lucked out Cl. Panic.