Here to fulfill all your Nonny needs!

Happy Birthday, Willy Wonka!

Instructions for Commenting

YOU CAN COMMENT EVEN WITHOUT REGISTERING!

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Click the "Post a Comment" link at the bottom of the blog post and then type your comment in the "Leave your comment" textbox.
3) If you have a Google or Blogger account, then click the "Google/Blogger" button in the "Choose and identity" section.
4) Otherwise, click the "Name/URL" button, and then put in your fake name in the "Name" textbox. You can leave the URL blank.
5) Or, you can chose Anonymous. In that case, put your fake name in your comment.
3) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere. Repeat commentors will be entered on Nonny's Hall of Fame!
4) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Happy Birthday, Stubbie's Godmother!!

Please join me in wishing Stubbie's Godmother a very happy birthday!! She is turning mid-twenties today (I won't tell you exactly how old because I don't know myself!!). What a wonderful little girl, always cheerful, always helpful, and always willing to put in a verbal jab here and there. Some would call her perfect. I am still mulling that one over. (Check back for updates on that one!)

Anyhow, Coach Nelson (who moonlights as workspace decorator) did a wonderful job setting up the birthday location for Stubbie's Godmother.

Happy Birthday, Stubbie's Godmother! Enjoy it while you can!!






P.S. That isn't the birthday cake. That's just some photo I found on the web. But, can you believe some people are so serious and hoity toity as to quote Shakespeare on a birthday cake? No doubt, they will be having wine with it. *eyes*

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice guns, coach nelson. you realize, of course, that they might be futile weaponry from inside, say, some type of sack thrown over you?

~ ~ ~

Nonny Nu said...

Hmmm...interesting. There is controversy brewing in the blog world today. Yesterday, when I wrote the entry, I posted the photo of an interesting cake, and also made an apparently insulting remark about people who would create such a...um...cake. Well, today, the site where I got the photo replaced the cake photo with a photo of GWB appearing to flip people off. This was one of those things that made me go, "Hmmm..." (See supra.)

So, I googled the photo again today. Lo and behold, I inadvertently stepped on The Shakespeare Teacher's manicured toes, which led to this.

Wow, I really hope this is just a playful type of thing. I can't imagine anyone being so humorless as to take actual offense at what I said. Anyhow, Coach Nelson's birthday is coming up, and I'm thinking of getting her one of these.

Yours truly,
The Low Cost Math Tutor

Neel Mehta said...

Visiting from the Shakespeare Teacher. Gotta say, not the man you want to mock. He enjoys reading plays where everyone dies at the end.

Though frankly, any battle between an English professor and someone who uses the term "(See supra.)" is bound to be the academic equivalent of a kitty paw-fight.

Nonny Nu said...

Hello, Neel! This is kinda neat. You know, this inter-blog exchange.

Wasn't mocking anyone, really. Just noted that the cake looked like it was designed by a serious and hoity toity person who might have paired it with wine, which, incidentally, turned out to be kinda accurate. It was sort of interesting to be "called out" today. But, honestly, I think that Shakespeare Teacher is probably just being playful. I mean, if he really took offense to that, it would be kinda sad, dontcha think?

Man from U.N.C.L.E. said...

Alas, poor Shakespeare Teacher, I knew him, Nonny Nu, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath bore me on his back a thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is!
My gorge rises at it.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, NN, be sure you welcome all of the new visitors!!!

Maybe they, too, can strive to achieve Mayo status. Or, God forbid -- Maggi Status?

Nonny Nu said...

Don't be gauche--we have guests.

*adjusts cuff links*

Man from U.N.C.L.E. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Nonny, I was a little taken aback by your comments about my cake and your assault on my character, but no, I wasn't really serious about the feud.

But if your careless comments and my harmless prank brought Panic and Neel together, perhaps it was for the best.

I'm willing to call a truce if you are.

Bill
shakespeareteacher.com

Nonny Nu said...

Oh, dear. Mr. Nonny Nu was right all along. (He said that you were "rabbit's homemade enemy," and advised me to "settle down there, rabbita, and stop trying to make new enemies. they come around plenty enough without your encouragement.") I will be having crow for dinner tonight while he has dumplings. This is me right now. (Here's the explanation for what that means.)

I agree to a truce on the harebrained feud. Nice to meet you, though.

*throws blanket over head*

Nonny Nu said...

P.S. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I didn't mean to do it. I read the two updates on your "call out" entry and you sounded rather peeved and serious about the whole thing.

Man from U.N.C.L.E. said...

Nonny Nu, You should get these blog feuds going more often.

Just popped over to Shakespeare Teacher's and TWONN's guest, Neel Mehtah's blog and found this:

http://nhmehta.blogspot.com/2007/02/presidential-all-stars.html

It is OUTSTANDING.

I'm sure your readers (especially Coach D'Antoni) will get a charge out of it.

NN, could you please make it a hyperlink? I forgot how that works.

Anonymous said...

You thought I was serious when I wrote "Rule number one: you do NOT mock the Shakespeare Teacher"?

I'll give you hoity toity. If you met me in person, you might describe me as a "Frasier" type. But nobody I know would describe me as serious.

I had fun, but I'm glad our "feud" is over.

Nonny Nu said...

Neel's page.

Nonny Nu said...

Bill, what can I say? My usual MO is to prepare for the worst, make an ass out of myself, and then apologize for it later, thus "endearing" myself to whomever may come my way. At the end of the day, Mr. Nonny Nu says, "I told you so," I go into denial, and everything turns out hunky dory. It's worked for 32 years, so why should I change it now, smarty pants?

Neel Mehta said...

Thanks for the plug regarding my Presidential All-Stars, and the comments here and there, Man from UNCLE.

I'm thinking about a Pro Bowl next February. Open to suggestions...

Man from U.N.C.L.E. said...

And this is fine work from Shakespeare Teacher!

http://www.shakespeareteacher.com/blog/archives/375

Man from U.N.C.L.E. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.