Here to fulfill all your Nonny needs!

Happy Birthday, Willy Wonka!

Instructions for Commenting

YOU CAN COMMENT EVEN WITHOUT REGISTERING!

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Click the "Post a Comment" link at the bottom of the blog post and then type your comment in the "Leave your comment" textbox.
3) If you have a Google or Blogger account, then click the "Google/Blogger" button in the "Choose and identity" section.
4) Otherwise, click the "Name/URL" button, and then put in your fake name in the "Name" textbox. You can leave the URL blank.
5) Or, you can chose Anonymous. In that case, put your fake name in your comment.
3) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere. Repeat commentors will be entered on Nonny's Hall of Fame!
4) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Dudes, I'm so bummed out...

On Tuesday, I got an email from a big cheese at Nu, Nu & Nu LLP asking if I (and a bunch of other folks) were available to go to Germany to visit our client. I was so jazzed! I've never been to Europe before. Sure, I've been to China and Hong Kong but that was back when I was a snot-nosed punk who couldn't appreciate culture and whatnot.*

I checked my calendar and replied that I could go. But then, I remembered this other case I am also working on, so I checked with the big cheese on that case. Well, turns out I might be slated to do something else for that case very near to when the German visit would occur, so I can't go to see the birthplace of all good things in the auto world.

GAH!!!

*This was back in the day when I visited the tomb of Mao Tse Tung in Tienanmen Square and I wouldn't move along as directed by the armed guard there. When he grabbed my elbow and pushed me out, I was stupid enough to tell him in broken Mandarin, "Don't push me--I'm an American citizen!!"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pleased to see that, unlike some of your guest bloggers, your asterisks deliver what they promise.

sweetsieweatsie said...

Das ist aber schade :(

Don't worry, though! Everything happens for a reason. Germany will always be there!

Nonny Nu said...

- .... .. ... / .. ... / -. --- - / .--- ..- ... - / ..- -. ..-. --- .-. - ..- -. .- - . .-.-.- / .. - / ... ..- -.-. -.- ... / .- ... ... .-.-.-

Anonymous said...

-.-. .... . . .-. / ..- .--. / -. --- -. -. -.-- / -. ..- .-.-.- / --. . .-. -- .- -. -.-- / .. ... / ..-. --- .-. / -.- .-. .- ..- - ... / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- .-.-.-

Nonny Nu said...

Thanks, ich bin ein berliner, but I like Krauts! I'll get over it, though. I'm resilient!

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm so bummed out that our marathon hike has not been blogged. :(

Nonny Nu said...

I'm working on it!

Anonymous said...

"our marathon hike has not been blogged"

i saw them, they're nice. looks like you guys had a great time exploring the hostel. why you don't want to show your faces, i'll never know.

Lewis said...

Ah, this picture looks familiar...

Little girl sat on a Mekong river boat in Laos. I'm curious to know how you came across it...

there's more info at http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/Laos/photo282343.htm if you're interested...

Lewis (the photo taker man)

Nonny Nu said...

I googled "sad chinese girl."