Here to fulfill all your Nonny needs!

Happy Birthday, Willy Wonka!

Instructions for Commenting


1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Click the "Post a Comment" link at the bottom of the blog post and then type your comment in the "Leave your comment" textbox.
3) If you have a Google or Blogger account, then click the "Google/Blogger" button in the "Choose and identity" section.
4) Otherwise, click the "Name/URL" button, and then put in your fake name in the "Name" textbox. You can leave the URL blank.
5) Or, you can chose Anonymous. In that case, put your fake name in your comment.
3) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere. Repeat commentors will be entered on Nonny's Hall of Fame!
4) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My 10-Hour Spaaaaahhh Experience

Folks, as Man from U.N.C.L.E. noted, I have been neglecting my blog entry duties lately. It's just that I've been working like a dog.

Anywhoo, a couple weeks ago, I was sent to San Diego again to a client meeting. The hotel where I usually stay was all booked up so they put me in a spaaaaahhhh instead! Unfortunately, I didn't arrive until about 10pm at night. See? It was all dark by the time I got there. But, as soon as I walked in the front door, I felt so welcomed! There was enough space for me and PortaBear.

There were the usual amenities of a coffee/tea center. Yes, this tea for two would be perfect for me and PortaBear (he likes English Breakfast and always leaves me in the dust with the green tea).

The bathroom was stock full of really nice smelling toiletries. They even had Q-tips, perfect for PortaBear's nightly beauty regimen. But, here's where the magic happens.

Now, I don't know if you all are aware of this, but I am notorious for travelling with food. You just never know when you will arrive at a hotel too late for ordering any decent hot food. Usually, the full menu is only available until about 10 or 11 o'clock. Then, you are left with sammiches and stuff. The last time I went to New Jersey for depositions, I brought 7 boxes of documents and 1 box of instant noodles, oranges, and cookies. That's right, you just NEVER KNOW. This little jaunt to good ol' San Diego was no exception. I packed what I would call "just in case" food. So, when room service arrived, it was supplemented with spring rolls, rice rolls, and a banana in coconut milk and tapioca dessert. (Those employed at Nu, Nu & Nu LLP will be intimately familiar with the origin of the "just in case" food.) How much does all of this food weigh? 2 pounds.

So, did I do any spaaaahing while I was there? Well, after I ate my two pounds of food, I sat at this computer desk for 4 hours working. So, no, there was no spaaaaahing for Nonny Nu whatsoever. Only working and waiting for exhibits to download via a very slow connection.

After putting in half a day's work on top of the full day I had worked already, I finally hit the hay. I set the alarm clock, fell asleep to the soothing sound of rain. I was up and out of there by 8am the next morning.


Cl. Panic said...

Wait just a minute here... how did you get the coconut milk and the various sauces through airport security, Ms. Nu?

I hope you didn't endanger your fellow air travelers with tapioca of unknown origin!

Nonny Nu said...

Wait just a minute here... how did you get the coconut milk and the various sauces through airport security, Ms. Nu?
You just leave that to me, little one.