Here to fulfill all your Nonny needs!

Happy Birthday, Willy Wonka!

Instructions for Commenting

YOU CAN COMMENT EVEN WITHOUT REGISTERING!

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Click the "Post a Comment" link at the bottom of the blog post and then type your comment in the "Leave your comment" textbox.
3) If you have a Google or Blogger account, then click the "Google/Blogger" button in the "Choose and identity" section.
4) Otherwise, click the "Name/URL" button, and then put in your fake name in the "Name" textbox. You can leave the URL blank.
5) Or, you can chose Anonymous. In that case, put your fake name in your comment.
3) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere. Repeat commentors will be entered on Nonny's Hall of Fame!
4) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Is Nature Calling?

(No, I didn't see a deer today.)

I didn't have time to go hiking this weekend because *drumroll please* I had to work. But, have you guys seen Pan's Labyrinth? There's a scene at the beginning of the movie when Ofelia and her mom are driving up to the Captain's "ranch," and the mom has to stop to throw up because she's preggers. Ofelia wanders off a little and sees a statue and a fairy/stick insect. I felt like that this morning.

Right outside the Nus' residence are several of these plants. As I was walking toward my car, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. It was like my very own fairy, summoning me to go hiking!

No, silly, I didn't ditch work to go hiking, though. Boy, those were the days, huh? I remember ditching at least once a week when I was in highschool. Nowadays, I just can't do that anymore. Life is getting so real, people! It's scary. The worst thing that could have happened in school was getting an F. Now, the worst thing is screwing up an entire lawsuit.

But, Skitty seemed to be comfortable with just lounging around today. After a couple taps on the window, she woke up a bit.

3 comments:

Cl. Panic said...

Oh, this is just GREAT for your 4-D stalker, who now has to work next weekend.

Anonymous said...

looks like an agapanthus plant your little magical friend is living in.

Nonny Nu said...

Cl. Panic, have you gone to Purissima Creek? If not, then you're not much of a stalker, are you?

Stillman, you say "agapanthus," I say "Purple Fireworksarama."