Here to fulfill all your Nonny needs!

Happy Birthday, Willy Wonka!

Instructions for Commenting

YOU CAN COMMENT EVEN WITHOUT REGISTERING!

1) Make up a name--don't use your real name.
2) Click the "Post a Comment" link at the bottom of the blog post and then type your comment in the "Leave your comment" textbox.
3) If you have a Google or Blogger account, then click the "Google/Blogger" button in the "Choose and identity" section.
4) Otherwise, click the "Name/URL" button, and then put in your fake name in the "Name" textbox. You can leave the URL blank.
5) Or, you can chose Anonymous. In that case, put your fake name in your comment.
3) Make sure to put your fake name in your comment somewhere. Repeat commentors will be entered on Nonny's Hall of Fame!
4) Use the same fake name each time so we all know who's saying what.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Vail Trip
by MonkeyPig (guest blogger)

I promised NN that I'd post my Vail picture last week. But, work had been busy.


It was a really good trip. Travel tip, instead of staying in Vail where a cup of tap water will cost you 50$, there are several towns outside of Vail and within 10-20 minute's drive. The lodging is as good and much cheaper. I stayed in Avon. It was advertised as a 1 1/2 star "motel" on Expedia.com. I thought it'll be a dump. To my surprise, the room was good size, clean and there was a kitchenette - a must in any FOB style travel. To save on tips, I hung the do-not-disturb sign out for the entire stay.

We had class from 7-10am, break, and return to class again from 4-7pm.

I had a lot of fun and it was pennies (Vail pennies) a day. Rented snowshoes and hiked the national forests. Didn't see any critters. Saw a lot of their interesting tracks. . Some of the tracks were of two different prints -- one look like a deer (hoofed) and the other look like some kind of cats (lynx / bobcats) . You can see the cat tracks are circling around itself as it its sniffing out a scent. It was great! At time, its you and nature. .
I tried cross country skiing one day. I won another medal that day...I was falling every 5 minutes. I had the most fall and received the idiot award that day.
All-in-all, it was a great trip. I saw a side of Vail not many people see when they visit Vail.
Thanks to Wal-mart, I made about 40$ a day on the per diem.

3 comments:

MonkeyPig said...

I have to apologize for the pictures -- especially the animal tracks. NN complained that my pics were eating up too much bites. So I compressed the pics.

Nonny Nu said...

I was just kidding about the memory. It is charged to your own blogger account and not mine! Please post the bigger pics!

Did you see any monkey tracks? And, what did you eat?

MonkeyPig said...

OK, I'll not compress the nature pics next time.

1) I saw monkey tracks.
2) I ate shit to conserve money.